Position: Jr. Product Development Engineer Department: Engineering
Report to: Director of Engineering Salary/pay grade: TBD
The Product Development Engineer will design, develop, and test consumer vaporization hardware. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring initiative, originality, ingenuity, and excellent problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in product testing including development and hands-on execution of test protocols. Creativity is a necessity since standards for these products do not exist.
- Set-up, operate, and maintain equipment.
- Assist with development of new test methods and improvement of existing processes.
- Design and execute laboratory testing according to written procedures, make observations and interpret findings.
- Preparation of detailed reports in regard to completed experiments by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing test data.
- Review of existing 3D models for completeness and accuracy
- Transition 3D step files into fully defined and configurable 3D models in SolidWorks to allow for the manipulation of parts as needed for design changes
- Create detailed engineering drawings for existing platforms
- Create detailed engineering drawings to describe possible design changes
- Lead, participate in, or support the following product development activities:
- Concept, planning, design and execution stages for major new products or product enhancements
- Risk assessment; FMEA (failure mode effect analysis)
- Prototyping and testing concept designs and initial engineering builds
- Pilot production
- Design reviews
- Design verification testing
- Product validation and usability testing
- Assist in project planning and provide mechanical/electrical design leadership in project execution.
- Research design options and perform experiments to determine potential design feasibility.
Qualifications: Experience, Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 0-3 years of experience in mechanical design and manufacturing.
- Experience with Pro-E, SolidWorks, Fusion 360 or related software.
- Able to read drawings with a basic understanding of dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Familiarity with multi-meter, oscilloscope, force gauges, scales, analytical balance, temperature indicators, calipers, hand tools.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- A professional, positive, and flexible attitude.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, specifically, technical writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Multi-tasking ability, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- This position works in a fast-paced laboratory/office environment.
- Must be able to sit and stand for up to eight (8) hours at a time.
- This position requires light work with 50 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry.